Fried rice is a delicious rice cooked with vegetables and spices, however, some people complain about not getting it right.
If you are one of such people, here are tips to prepare the perfect pot of fried rice. All you need to do is calmly follow these simple guides.
ALSO READ: 3 tips for the perfect jollof rice
Here are five tips for making delicious and perfect fried rice:
1. Make sure you use broth or season your parboiled rice base thoroughly. Using water alone does not work.
2. Do not overcook the rice. Once you do, all you will be left with is a soggy mash of rice. You are meant to parboil the rice, not overcook it.
3. Chop and season your vegetables, this is important to the flavour and taste of your fried rice.
4. While the colour of the rice should be green or yellow, do not over season it with curry. Fried rice with an overpowering curry taste is a disaster.
Instead, use turmeric to get the desired colour and curry for the right flavour.
5. The kind and brand of rice you cook with is as important as your cooking skills. Do not use low quality rice of you don't want your food to be of low quality.