Pulse.ng logo

Hypnotism 32-year-old man who slaughtered mother said he did not know what he was doing

The man woke up in the middle of the night to stab his aged mother to death. He is however saying that he was hypnotised into doing it.

  • Published:
  play Kayode  Osikoya is currently in police custody. (Daily Post)

A 32-year-old man, Kayode  Osikoya, who was arrested on 2nd  January, 2015, after murdering his 60-year-old mother, Madam Olubode, a retired street sweeper with the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), has confessed that he was actually hypnotized to slaughter his mother in cold blood.

The terrible incident which happened in Odogbolu local government area of Ogun State, threw the community into confusion with many believing that Osikoya had gone insane to commit such an abomination.

According to reports, Osikoya who had slept in the same room with his aged mother, had woken up in the night and without any provocation, had reached for an empty beer bottle and smashed it on his mother’s head. He had gone ahead to stab her several times, leaving her dead in a pool of her blood.

But in a twist to the story, Kayode, who claimed to have been un­dergoing treatment for mental illness at a Psychiatric Hospital in Ijebu-Ode for over four years, said he must have been hypnotized by certain evil forces to kill his mother, recounting that he had never had any problem or disagreement with his mother before the incident that claimed her life.

The murder suspect who is now being detained at the Ogun State Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, confessed that he could not have deliber­ately carried out the unprovoked deadly attack on his mother if some evil forces were not at work in his life.

Hear him:

 “It happened in the morning of January 2. I did not deliber­ately hit the bottle on my mother’s head. May God not allow one to fall victim of hypnotism. There was no disagreement or quarrel between us.

She had been the one taking care of me in the past four years. We ate and lived together in the same room. My maternal grandfather built that house. Honestly, I don’t know how the in­cident occurred.  I don’t know what pushed me into hitting the bottle on my mother’s head that morning.

I was not drunk and I don’t even take alcohol and I don’t smoke Indian hemp. I was a spray painter, but I had to quit when I fell ill. I had some mental problem and it was my mum that was taking me to a hos­pital in Ijebu-Ode where they treat people with mental illness. The hospital is in the NTA area in Ijebu-Ode.

It happened in the early morning. I cannot say this is what really happened, it’s like I was hypnotized. The broken bottle injured me and the family members had to tie my hands after they had taken me outside. My two brothers brought me to Eleweran Police Command Headquar­ters. My mum’s relations first took me to the police station immediately after the incident.

I’m not married and I have no children. I have been undergoing treatment for over four years now. After the incident occurred, I stayed inside the room with my mummy’s corpse. I did not feel anyhow and by daybreak, my mummy’s relation, Orlando Olubode, brought policemen from Odogbolu Police Station and three days after, I was transferred to Eleweran.”

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.