Pulse.ng logo

Anywhere We Go Nigerian man arrested for stabbing landlord to death in Ghana

A Nigerian man has been arrested in Ghana for allegedly stabbing his landlord to death during an argument.

  • Published:
The suspect, John Collins Alabi play

The suspect, John Collins Alabi

(Modern Ghana)

Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy

Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

John Collins Alabi, a 27-year-old Nigerian resident in Ghana, has been arrested by the Kotobabi Police for allegedly stabbing his landlord, Paul Goka, to death for stopping him from using the bathroom, reports Modern Ghana.

The deceased who owned the wooden structure apartment where Alabi and 10 other tenants lived in Alajo, a suburb of Accra, the nation's capital, had reportedly the suspect for having his bath in a demolished bathroom after all tenants were warned to use the public shower.

The confrontation led to a serious disagreement which culminated in a fight an Alabi ash into his room an emerged with a knife with which he used to stab Goka in the stomach. Other tenants reportedly rushed the injure man to the 37 Military Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Alabi was arrested shortly after being in hiding for three days.

Confirming the arrest of the suspect, the Nima Divisional Police Commander, ACP Nuhu Jango, said the incident occurred on January 2, 2016, but the suspect was finally arrested around Nima Roundabout on January 5, 2016.

It was also gathered that in the evening of the incident, Alabi had reported to the Kotobabi Police that his landlord had inflicted knife wounds on his fingers and was subsequently given a medical form to go to the hospital for treatment.

But later that day, one Vincent Dzramado went to the station to report Alabi had stabbed his brother, Goka, in the stomach with a knife with the injured man being rushed to the Maamobi Polyclinic for medical attention where he was referred to the 37 Military Hospital for proper medical attention but died on arrival.

The suspect then went into hiding but after a man hunt, he was arrested three days later. The suspect who claimed he had lived in the house for the past one year, told the police that he went into hiding upon hearing the news that the landlord had died.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.