5 things you need to know about Mrs Folu
We put the spotlight on Mrs Adeboye and uncover five interesting things you may not know about her.
Today, we are taking some time to shine the spotlight on his lovely wife, Pastor Foluke Adenike Adeboye.
Here are five interesting things that most people do not know about Mrs Adeboye.
1. She is a princess: Mrs Adeboye was born as Foluke Adenike Adeyokunnu on Tuesday, July 13, 1948. Her father, Jacob Adelusi Adeyokunnu was from the royal family and lineage in Ijeshaland, the Owa Obokun Oji. This makes her a princess and the first of ten children.
2. She used to be a Methodist: Miss Foluke was a Methodist many years before she became Mummy G.O or Mother-in-Israel as she is fondly called. According to her website, this is due to the fact that her father ensured that all his children were raised as staunch Methodists.
3. Pastor Folu has four favourite bible verses: They are Acts 17:28A, which reads, “For in Him we live and move and have our being.” The second is Ps 23:3 - “He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
The next is also a Psalm. It is Ps 16:8, it says, “I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalm 25:1 is the last one. It reads, “ Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.”
4. Mr and Mrs Adeboye just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary: Daddy and Mummy G.O had their court wedding on September 8, 1967. This was followed by the church wedding on December 17, 1967. They just celebrated their fiftieth year anniversary. Mr and Mrs Adeboye marked the special occasion at the RCCG National headquarters.
While delivering his sermon, Pastor Adeboye took some time to appreciate and honour his wife. In his words, “Marry for love. It’ll endure. I’ve been married for 50 years and still on honeymoon. I was the poorest among those lurking around the girl I married. One was a lawyer who had a car; I had nothing. But I told the girl that if you marry me, whatever I am, wherever I ever become will be yours.”
It clearly worked out for Mrs Folu. The couple is blessed with three sons, a daughter and grandchildren. Their children are all Pastors.
5. She is quite romantic: Mrs Folu is seen as a pastor, mother, role model which makes it hard for most to imagine her as the romantic type. This side was on full display at a recent book presentation on Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
Everyone was pleasantly surprised when Mrs Folu hugged and kissed her husband. It is safe to say that this unexpected kiss shut down the Internet.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: