Pumpkins are often used for pies in Greek cuisine.
The pies are either savory or sweet. This recipe is for a sweet pie.
What you need:
- Two cups of pumpkin puree
- Some olive oil
- Half a cup of white sugar
- Three quarters a cup of brown sugar
- Two teaspoons of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 12 sheets of phyllo
ALSO READ: How to make Italian pizza
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix all the ingredients except the phyllo in a bowl.
3. Place a phyllo sheet on a flat surface, brush with olive oil, place another sheet on top and brush with olive oil.
4. Carefully put about three spoons of the filling on the short end of the phyllo sheet and roll to form a roll.
5. Then brush the roll with olive oil and place on a baking pan.
6. Make a slit on the the the top of each roll.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes.
8. Cool and serve as desired.