Potatoes and cheese never tasted better, and this recipe is perfect for vegetarians.
What you need:
- 1.5 kilograms of potatoes
- 300 grams of cheese
- Slices of onions
- Cloves of garlic
- Three spoons of flour
- One cup of vegetable stock
- One tin of milk
- Salt, pepper and bay leaf to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C
2. Place a large saucepan on medium heat and melt the butter in it.
3. Add in the onions and saute for about five minutes.
4. Add the garlic cloves and cook for two more minutes.
5. Put in the flour and stir occasionally.
6. Pour in the vegetable stock and stir again.
7. Add in the milk, salt, and pepper and stir thoroughly.
8. Simmer for a few more minutes and then take off the heat.
9. Grease a baking pan with butter.
10. Place down a layer of sliced potatoes.
11. Pour half the sauce on it and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
12. Place down another layer of potatoes and repeat step 11.
13. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
14. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
15. Cool and serve as desired.