This delicious snack is a common treat in Greece and you can make it at home on your own.
For religious, health or diet reasons, some people stay off animal products for a certain number of days. Such people as well as vegans can enjoy these crackers.
And even if you don't fall into any of these categories, you can still indulge yourself by trying something new. They are great snacks that can be better enjoyed with nuts.
What you need:
- Two cups of flour
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Quarter a cup of wine
- Three quarters cup of olive oil
- 50 grams of carrots, shredded
- Salt to taste
ALSO READ: Try out fried phyllo fetas
1. Preheat your oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Mix the olive oil, wine and carrots in another.
4. Add to flour to the mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Knead the thick dough for about a minute.
6. Grease your baking tray with butter or olive oil and spread out the dough thickly on it.
7. Then cut the dough into squares of your preferred sizes.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Cook and serve as desired.