Shaiyah is a delicious delicacy made on special occasions when a family slaughters an animal for celebration. Let's learn how to make Shaiyah
Shaiyah, a special occasion food made when an animal is slaughtered for celebration. The meat basically includes bony pieces and fatty pieces.
Today's recipe of shaiyah, we'll be using lamb.
Here's a step by step guide on how to make some.
ALSO READ: How to make molokhia
3 lbs Lamb (cubed)
Garlic, 4 cloves, peeled and sliced
½ large red onion or 1 small red onion, sliced
2 celery ribs, cut into long pieces
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons cumin powder
Slice of lemon or lime
1. Wash lamb, Put it in a cooking pot, add sliced onions, celery ribs, bay leaves, salt, sliced garlic, seasonings and 1 cup of water.
2. Cook for about 30 minutes just so the meat is cooked but not overdone.
3. Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add the lamb.
4. Pan fry on high heat for 15 to 20 minutes. When it starts sticking to the pot, add small amounts of water to prevent burning,
5. Squeeze juice from half a lemon onto the Shaiyah.
6. Serve with extra raw onions, lemon or lime slices, and pepper.