A group of young individuals are finding a way to give back to give back to society with football and charity.
Life is what we make of it. A group of young individuals, under the umbrella of the Saints Care, have found a way to add value to society.
Here are a few things you should know about the initiative:
1. This humanitarian effort is an initiative of The Saints FC: The Saints FC is an amateur football team that belongs to a social media driven football league,. It is a philanthropic effort by the team members of Saints FC to provide for those within reach who are needy, with a vision to further expand their range of reach.
2. Its less than a year old but they've managed to get things done: It kicked off on the 5th of April, 2015 with it’s first visit to the Heart of Gold Hospice in Surulere, Lagos – Nigeria, where each team member brought a little token of their love for the kids at the Hospice. The visit was quite an emotional start for the Saints Care initiative as it got a lot team members fired up upon seeing what some children are going through and this was enough motivation for the growth of the Saints Care initiative with the mandate to help the needy. Saints care has since then been an active part of the Saints FC Culture.
3. They partner with causes with similar goals: With the recognition of the Community’s need came the initiative’s second act on the 27th of June, 2015 which happened to have been during the Ramadan celebrations. The event was a Saints Care charity match at the home ground of Saints FC (CIS Pitch, Lekki) in collaboration with ‘Stay In School NG’, after which members and fans of both teams took gift items and provisions to the kids at Motherless babies home, Lion’s village in Lekki, Lagos – Nigeria. The event was yet another successful outreach to the needy.
4. They might be small, but their dreams are big: Saints Care is still quite young and is steadily growing as the will to touch more lives continues to burn with more passion in the hearts of the caring members of Saints FC. Saints care plans on touching more lives in subsequent times, both as a team that cares and in partnership with other Charity organizations with the clear mission of giving back to the society and helping those in need to have better lives
5. They have another event planned for the 12th of December: This tweet from their official account gives all the details.
Come out and support.