Pulse.ng logo
Go

Obafemi Awolowo University Students escape death as hotplate fire guts OAU hostel

A fire which started from an electric hotplate has destroyed a section of the Moremi Hall at the Obafemi Awolowo University

  • Published:
OAU girls hostel gutted by hotplate fire play

OAU girls hostel gutted by hotplate fire

(Twitter/Youthslog)

A section of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ife, female hostel has been burnt down by a fire believed to have started from an electric hotplate spark.

Student Pulse gathered from online reports that the Thursday morning fire engulfed a part of the Moremi Hall, completely burning down a room.

No casualties were reported as at the time of this report.

There have been many cases of cooking related fire incidences in Nigerian universities, even though most institutions prohibit cooking inside the hostels.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement