Almost every Nigerian now knows who Nnamdi Kanu is or the cause he's championing after his widely reported arrest by the men of the Department of Sstate Service, DSS few months back.
But only a few people know that he's actually an Igbo prince, who left Nigeria for the United Kingdom after been tired of incessant strike actions in University of Nigeria Nsukka.
Read: Nnamdi Kanu says "Biafra has come to stay,”
The Radio Biafra MD, who currently has the backing of his father and his siblings, had noted that his cause is just and he would go through with it.
Unmasking the man, we bring to you seven things you might not know about the Isiama Afara indigene of Abia State.
1. He is the first son of his father and has four siblings (two male, two female)
2. His father, HRM Eze Israel Okwu Kanu, is a king and the traditional ruler of Isiama Afara, a community in Umuahia, Abia State.
3. He was once a member of Movement for the Actualisation of Biafra but quit to kick of Indigenous People Of Biafra after his fallout with Ralph Uwazuruike.
4. He has the backing of his father and his community irrespective of what becomes of him after this travail.
5. He had been incarcerated in 2008 over his pro-Biafra beliefs though his father claims the arrest was a result of Ralph Uwazuruike's envy towards him.
6. He left University of Nigeria Nsukka to complete his education in the United Kingdom after series of incessant strikes in the varsity
7. Nnamdi is an introvert whose wedding was disrupted overhis fallout with Ralph Uwazuruike.