It was reported that Buhari ordered Nta's 'sack' because of the way he handled corruption case of some ex-govs.
It had been reported that Nta got a letter from the Office of the Secretary-General of the Federation directing him to proceed on a compulsory leave with effect from Wednesday, October 26.
The Commission says the Chairman did not receive any letter in that regard.
The ICPC spokesman, Mr Edet Ufot in a statement issued in Abuja said that the Commission has called the attention of relevant authorities to the publication that reported the story for appropriate action.
The statement read: "The report purports that ICPC is in receipt of a letter from the SGF informing the Chairman to proceed on compulsory leave beginning from Oct. 26.
"It went further to impute perceived reasons for the alleged `sack’ of the chairman, quoting an anonymous ICPC source.
"However, no such letter or letters have been received by the Commission."
The report had said that President Muhammadu Buhari ordered Nta's 'sack' because of the shoddy way he handled the corruption cases against some former governors.