Based on the two songs performed by Yemi Alade at the 2016 AMVCAs, Charles Novia thinks the singer needs to work on a new hit very soon.
Nigerian filmmaker and critic, Charles Novia, has shared his views on the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, which held on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
Check out 10 things we gathered based on his article titled "AMVCA 2016: THE BLEH AND THE BOOM!."
Here we go;
1. Novia heard a producer ask "‘How can ‘small small’ kids in acting, the up and comers be winning the big prizes in acting every year at the AMVCAs consistently? Look am na! E nor pure!These guys just nominate the big names alongside the new ones and then disgrace the old and established actors by giving the awards to people we don’t even know!’
2. The Star Act Dance Company, the dance group which opened the show, did a good job.
3. Frank Rajah prepared this year for his speech, rather than his famous ‘Yvonne Nelson, I give you the glory’ 'stutter ' of the year before.
4. Thomas Gumede's jokes were boring, while Ugandan Salvador cracked the right jokes, and had him laughing.
READ : NOVIA SAYS WHAT MOST OF US ARE SCARED OF SAYING - LALA AKINDOJU
5. It is unforgivable that Jab Adu, one of the first five pioneers of the film industry in the seventies was missing in the honor list of departed actors in the past year.
6. Based on the two songs performed by Yemi Alade, the filmmaker thinks the singer needs to work on a new hit very soon.
7. Lala Akindoju who won the Trailblazer award thanked all the Directors she has worked with, except one who took a chance too on her years ago.
Note: Akidnoju featured in Charles Novia's 2013 romantic movie "Alan Poza."
8. The most moving part of the show was the Industry Merit Award presented to Veteran Actress Bukky Zainab Ajayi.
9. The surprises of the night were in the Best Actor and Best Actress categories. Personally, he has no problem with Adesua Etomi winning the award, as he considers her one of the most focused actresses in her generation who gives unbelievable attention to her roles.
He also considers Daniel K Daniel a good actor, but is yet to watch the movie which earned him a nomination and a win.
10. It is about time the AMVCA transmutes from being a Viewers Choice Awards to a REAL juror or Academy driven awards which should enhance the credibility of the voting process.
The above facts were gathered from his article titled "AMVCA 2016: THE BLEH AND THE BOOM!," which was first published on his official website.