It's generally been a happy earnings season for Silicon Valley, with the likes of Facebook and Snap topping Wall Street expectations.
Twitter was under pressure to do the same, and it beat or matched analyst forecasts on some key indicators.
- Revenue: $909 million. Analysts were looking for $869.5 million. Sales were up 24% on $717 million in the final three months of 2017.
- Earnings per share : 31 cents, compared to 25 cents expected by Wall Street.
- Monthly active users : 321 million down 9 million year-on-year, but matching the forecasted 321 million.
Despite the performance, Twitter's stock slid nearly 8% in pre-market trading.
- Jack Dorsey is tweeting about his love of bitcoin: 'Bitcoin is resilient. Bitcoin is principled. Bitcoin is native to internet ideals.'
- The inventor of Microsoft's Hololens has left his job at Apple
- PewDiePie's war with T-Series hit the Super Bowl, as YouTuber Mr Beast turned up to the game with 'Sub 2 PewDiePie' shirts