- There are several extensions you can use to screen record on your Chromebook , including Loom, Screencastify, and Screen Recorder.
- Here's how to screen record on your Chromebook using the Loom extension.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Chromebooks are fairly bare-bones when it comes to pre-loaded applications.
And while that can help speed things up, it may also mean that you have to download extensions to do things that might have been a bit more seamless on other operating systems.
For example, you can't screen record on a Chromebook without downloading an extension, like Loom, Screencastify, or Screen Recorder.
Here's how to get it done with the Loom extension :
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add the Loom extension to your Chromebook
1. First go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions to download the Loom extension.
2. Type "loom" into the search box in the upper-right corner.
3. The first search result that appears should say "Loom - Video Recorder: Screen, Webcam and Mic" with an orange logo. Click the blue "Add to Chrome" button to the right of it.
4. A box will pop up asking if you want to add the Loom extension and its features. Click "Add extension."
5. Once the Loom application has been added to your Chromebook you should see an orange icon in the top-right of your menu bar.
How to screen record on your Chromebook using Loom
1. Click the Loom icon in the top-left corner of your Chrome window.
2. Log in, agree to the terms of service and set up your account select "Choose later" when given the option to either download the extension or the app.
3. Open a new window, then click the Loom icon again.
4. Allow the extension to use your camera and microphone and set up the recording as desired be sure to switch over to "Screen only" in the left window for a straight screen recording, otherwise your webcam will activate and that image will appear in the lower-left corner of your recording.
5. Click "Start Recording."
6. You'll get a countdown telling you when the recording has begun. To end the screen recording, click the green checkmark located in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Once ended, a new window will appear and you'll be given the option to download your recording, as well as to share the recording using a link.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to update your Chromebook to get the latest features and keep it secure
- How to restart a Chromebook to fix issues with your laptop
- How to factory reset your Chromebook computer, if you're selling it or a restart didn't solve your problem
- How to copy and paste on a Chromebook in 4 different ways
- How to add a printer to your Chromebook in 5 simple steps
- How to change the password on your Chromebook, by changing your Google password or adding a PIN
- How to change your background on a Chromebook, using its default photos or one of your own
SEE ALSO: The best Chromebooks you can buy