- Depending on your Galaxy S10's cellular plan, you may be able to conference call with up to five other people at once.
- You can drop individual parties from a conference call, or just hang up to end the entire call.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Sometimes you need to talk to more than one person at a time. For just those occasions, your Galaxy S10 lets you place conference calls. It's easy to do; just make the first call the way you usually do, and then add a second number to the call.
If a three-way call isn't enough, you may be able to add yet another party to the call. The number of lines you can add to a call varies depending upon your cellular provider, but you might be able to have up to five other lines on a call at once.
Here are the conference call capabilities of some popular cellular providers:
- Verizon Wireless normally allows up to three parties (including yourself) on a call at once, but if you upgrade to Verizon HD Voice, you can have up to six lines (five others and yourself).
- AT&T and T-Mobile allow up to five parties at once (four others and yourself).
- Sprint allows three-way calling only.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to place a conference call on a Samsung Galaxy S10
1. Start the Phone app.
2. Call the first party in the usual way. You can use the keypad to dial a number, or select someone from your contacts or recent calls.
3. After the first party has answered and you're connected, tap "Add call" on the phone screen.
4. Place the next call, using your keypad, recent calls list, or contacts.
5. After the new party connects, in the entry for the second call at the top of the screen, tap "Merge." All parties are now on the same call.
6. Once merged, you can tap "Conference call" at the top of the screen to show a listing of all the parties on the call. Tap "Drop" to disconnect a specific party from the conference call.
How to add additional parties to a conference call
1. Once you have a three-way call in progress, and have merged both calls, tap "Add call."
2. Repeat the process to place a new call.
3. After the new party answers, tap "Merge" to add it to the call.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to make a conference call on an iPhone, and manage your call's participants
- How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in 5 different ways
- How to set up fingerprint scanning for unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S10, and add additional fingerprint patterns
- How to 'soft' reset a Samsung Galaxy S10, or reset it to its factory settings
- How to close apps on a Samsung Galaxy S10 to keep your phone running efficiently
- 'Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?': Yes, it does here's how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
- How to block pop-ups on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in its default browser or Google Chrome, or from apps
SEE ALSO: The best wireless chargers you can buy