The girls were returned to the scene of their abduction by their abductors on Wednesday.
Media reports had indicated that the girls were driven back to Dapchi by Boko Haram militants on Wednesday, March 21.
President Muhammadu Buhari's Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, confirmed the reports on Wednesday morning, saying, "Yes, the girls are being transported to safety. We will give details later. We thank God."
Also speaking about the development, Buhari's Personal Assistant on New Media, Bashir Ahmad, said the return of the girls is a fulfillment of the president's promise to their parents.
He said, "GREAT NEWS from Dapchi, Yobe State. Thank God for the safe return of our sisters. Alhamdulillah!
"During Pres. Buhari's visit to Dapchi last week, he assured the parents of Dapchi Girls that the Federal Government will not rest until all the Chibok and Dapchi schoolgirls in the Boko Haram custody are released and reunited with their families. Today, we are celebrating Dapchi Girls return."
Initial reports indicate that five of the girls might have died before their release.
Boko Haram militants invaded Government Girls Science and Technical Secondary School in Dapchi, Bursari local government area of Yobe on Monday, February 19, 2018, and abducted 110 schoolgirls.
According to accounts by residents, the terrorists invaded the town around 7 pm in over 18 gun trucks mounted with high caliber weapons.
The abduction was a repeat of another Boko Haram attack that happened when militants invaded Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok and kidnapped 276 female students in April 2014.
After several escapes and releases, 112 of the girls remain in captivity of the deadly terrorist group.