From expensive vacations to a 10-year supply of makeup, check out 13 items that can be found in the 2017 Oscars gift bag worth over 50 million naira.
Simply enrol in a film school, get trained, land a film role in Hollywood, earn an Oscar nomination and stand a chance to receive a gift bag worth over six-figures.
On Sunday, February 26, 2017, at the Academy Awards, while some celebrities will walk home as winners of Hollywood's biggest award statuette, others will receive a flamboyant gift bag.
A perk that comes with hosting and being in the run for an Oscars in major categories, the bags are delivered to the host and 26 lucky nominees in the Best Actor and Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress, and Best Director categories.
In 2016, the ridiculously expensive bags totalled $200,000, and while 2017 is conspicuously less, it still totals $100,000 - over 50 million naira in the Nigerian currency.
What exactly are in this insanely over the top bags? Check out 13 things that can be found in the Oscars gift bag.
1. Private Stay at a Northern California Ranch
2. A Private 3-Day Stay at Lost Coast Ranch worth $40,000
3. 3-Night Stay at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria for $5,000
4. Personal training sessions that cost $900
5. A home automation system that cost $599
6. Gold and Diamond bracelet worth $595
7. Handbags worth $370-$395
8. Vapourizer worth $250
9. Cellulite Massage Mat worth $99
10. A Casper mattress for both the nominee and their dog
11. A 10-year supply of foundation and moisturizer
12. Underarm patches that protect your shirts from sweat stains
13. A customized box of Crayola crayons
These lavish bags have not been part of the Oscars official festivities since 2006, after the Academy put an end to it due to scrutiny from the Internal Revenue Service over the high value of the goods.
However, Distinctive Assets, a Los Angeles-based marketing firm has carried on the practice independently.
In 2016, the Academy filed a lawsuit against Distinctive Assets, seeking damages for trademark infringement claiming that the company deceives the public about its relationship with the Oscars.
Naira and dollar currently trades at - CBN - 315 and Parallel Market - 505.