- I recently had the chance to spend five nights in the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island , a unique luxury resort in the Maldives, thanks to a pile of Hilton hotel points I'd been saving up.
- To get to the resort, which is located on two private islands, you have to take a seaplane from the Maldives' main international airport in Mal.
- The hotel arranges the seaplane for guests through Trans Maldivian Airways, a unique airline that exclusively flies seaplanes.
- The airline flies about 50 de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter planes modified to land and take off on water.
- It was my first time on a seaplane, and I had an absolute blast. Here's what it was like.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
- Greece's national airline is undergoing a massive brand overhaul to be more Greek with the help of a world-class design firm
- The most reliable SUVs, pickup trucks, sedans for 2020
- Delta and United flight attendants reveal how they spot victims of human trafficking
SEE ALSO: I survived a 17-hour flight delay on United during a 13-hour business class trip from New Jersey to India. Here's why the ordeal actually made me appreciate the airline.