Business leaders and economic decision-makers across Africa gathered in Abuja for the 2018 annual meeting and 25th-anniversary of the Afreximbank.
The Annual General Meetings are open to the banking industry professionals, trade and trade finance practitioners and other stakeholders involved in economic development from across Africa and beyond.
The 2018 annual meeting and 25th-anniversary celebration gathered business, political leaders and economic decision-makers across Africa in Abuja.
Business Insider Sub-Saharan Africa brings highlights from the event as captured across social media.
1. Dr Benedict Oramah, President of the Africa Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) disclosed that the bank's investment in the Nigerian economy stands at over $17 billion.
2. Afreximbank woking to open a regional office in Nigeria to strengthen closer and continuous relationship between the bank and Nigerian government entities and businesses.
3. Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's Finance Minister, said Nigeria is one of the largest shareholders of the bank which helped to attract the interest of others in the equity participation of the Bank and had invested an initial $50 million.
4. President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa said with the signing of the AfCFTA, African banks will also be seeing great opportunities for infrastructure development.
He harped on the need for collaboration between the private and public sector, to bridge the huge infrastructure deficit on the continent.
Afreximbank and Development Bank of the Central African States (BDEAC), signed the Co-financing Framework Agreement.
5. Nigerian superstar, Davido will entertain guests as part of Afreximbank's 25th Anniversary celebrations this evening, Thursday, July 12, 2018, at the Eagle Square, Abuja.