Three weeks after its debut, hit biopic 'Straight Outta Compton' is still leading the box office.
'Straight Outta Compton' which opened to a $56.1million on its first weekend, is still leading the box office for the third consecutive week.
Bringing in $13.2 million at North American theaters over the weekend, the biopic which has made $134.1 million since its debut, has joined 'Jurassic World' as the only movies to lead the box office three consecutive weeks this summer.
'Straight Outta Compton' opened with a $24.3 million on Friday, August 14, 2015, becoming the fourth-highest opening day ever for an August release.
'Straight Outta Compton' which had a budget of $29 million, is a biopic of Los Angeles rap group N.W.A.
The F. Gray’s film and tells the story of how some young men transformed the music and pop culture the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood.
The record breaking biopic features O’Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E.
Before its premiere, Universal launched the 'Straight Outta Somewhere,' social media campaign which trended on different social media platforms for days.
Check out other movies;
1. "Straight Outta Compton," $13.2 million.
2. "War Room," $11 million.
3. "Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation," $8.3 million ($15.3 million international).
4. "No Escape," $8.3 million.
5. "Sinister 2," $4.7 million.
6. "Man From U.N.C.L.E.," $4.4 million.
7. "Hitman: Agent 47," $3.9 million ($13.1 million international).
8. "The Gift," $3.1 million.
9. "Jurassic World," $3.1 million.
10. "Ant-Man," $3.1 million.
Watch a 'Straight Outta Compton' TV spot;