Sam Sarpong attained fame for co-hosting MTV's 'Yo Momma' show with Wilmer Valderrama. But here are a few more things you should know about him.
British-American actor was confirmed dead at age 40 on Monday October 26, after jumping off a bridge.
READ MORE: Sam Sarpong commits suicide at age 40
He was also a Tommy Hilfiger model most famous for hosting MTV's 'Yo Momma' show with Wilmer Valderrama.
Here are a few things you must know about him:
1. He has Ghanaian roots: Even though he was born in London, his father is Ghanaian. At 11, he moved to Los Angeles with his father.
2. He abandoned sports for entertainment: Before starting out an entertainment career, Sam was a high school basketball star. He enrolled at Valley College but left after one year to pursue an entertainment career. He is the brother of British television presenter, June Sarpong.
3. His Modelling career: For six years, he was a face of Tommy Hilfiger. His modelling career also saw him walk runways for runways for Gucci, Versace, Donna Karen and Dolce & Gabbana.
He later started his own clothing line, Future Stars Collection. Sarpong was one of the first black male models to shoot a fashion editorial magazine campaign for the brand Loius Vuitton.
4. His Film Career: Sam appeared in over 60 films and 55 television shows, starred as Paul Unanga in the film, “Anchor Baby.” and won Best Lead Actor for this role at the 2012 New York Film Festival.
5. Music Career: He was a member of the hip-hop/pop group the League and recorded a solo EP, Lose My Mind, which is featured on VH1’s Hit The Floor.
He is survived by his father, Samuel Sarpong Snr and his sister, June Sarpong.