Pulse.ng logo
Go

Lai Mohammed Minister insists war against Boko Haram has been won

Mohammed made the fresh claim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015, at a meeting with news and political editors in Lagos.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has again said that the war against terror sect, Boko Haram has largely been won by the Nigerian military.

Mohammed made the fresh claim on Wednesday, December 30, 2015, at a meeting with news and political editors in Lagos.

“In a few days’ time, the deadline issued by President Muhammadu Buhari to the military to defeat Boko Haram will expire. Without equivocating, I will repeat what I said that has sparked a firestorm: Our gallant military has largely met the deadline!” the minister said.

“I make this assertion with all sense of responsibility and they are backed by facts,” he added.

Mohammed had attracted severe criticism after he made a similar claim last week.

He was also blamed for a renewed series of attacks by the sect on Maiduguri and Adamawa.

Meanwhile, Mohammed has urged the media to stop giving oxygen to Boko Haram by glamorizing its attacks.

----------------------------------------------

See Pulse Photo-News gallery below:

Is Lai Mohammed right about Boko Haram war?»

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.