National Assembly Fire accident sends Senators on the run

A technical room located in the Senate wing of the complex caught fire on Thursday.

  • Published:
Fire accident at National Assembly sends Senators on the run play Senate President, Bukola Saraki (Nigerian Senate )
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A fire incident at the National Assembly complex forced lawmakers out of the chamber as they convened for plenary on Thursday, February 15, 2018.

A technical room located in the Senate wing of the complex caught fire on Thursday as lawmakers gathered in the chamber.

Room SB 63 Technical Room at the White House, Senate Wing of the National Assembly emitted smoke that penetrated through the air conditioning system to the chamber.

Staff and business officials were hurriedly moved to secure areas in the complex to escape the fire before the technical team regained control of the room by putting out the fire.

Senator Abdullahi Gobir raised a point of order to lament that the chamber was not conducive for the lawmakers, and Senate President, Bukola Saraki, adjourned the session till Tuesday, February 20.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.