Brain damage is a serious issue,so, check the list below to find out which habits of yours are affecting your brain negatively.
According to world health organization, the following are habits that will damage your brain severely:
1. Skipping Breakfast – People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
2. Overreacting – It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.
3. Smoking – It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.
4. High Sugar consumption – Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
5. Air Pollution – The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.
6. Sleep Deprivation – Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.
7. Head covered while sleeping – Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.
8. Working your brain during illness – Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain.
9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts – Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.
10. Talking Rarely – Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.
11. Fast/ Junk food.
12. Over eating
13. Worrying all the time
14. Not drinking enough water.
We are all guilty of at least one habit so, please pay caution and try to stop these bad habits.