There are ways to get lighter and brighter skin without using chemical based products with no side effects at all.
Sometimes skin lightening comes as a result of treating blemished skin; acne and dark spots can be lightened for a more even skin tone amongst other factors as brightening dull and lacklustre skin.
This simple home remedy done with honey, sour cream and vinegar or lemon juice is perfect for improving the skin's appearance and texture:
What you need:
2 tablespoon Honey
2 Tablespoon Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice/ Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Add 2 tablespoon of honey to 2 tablespoon of sour cream kept slightly cold
2. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
3. Mix all the above together well
4. Cleanse the face making sure it's rid of dirt and grime or oil in any form
5. Apply the mix on the clean face, getting to the neck area
6. Let sit for about 6-10 mins
7. Rinse gently with lukewarm water
Repeat this twice a week to help brighten, exfoliate, heal and moisturize the skin while also preventing fade marks and prevents future blemishes.