Abubakar said there was no need to hire mercenaries because the terror group has been defeated.
The defence headquarters spokesman, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar said the Army was fully equipped to deal with the terror group.
Abubakar also said the pockets of attacks launched by Boko Haram in vulnerable areas, is something to be expected.
The defence spokesman told Punch that there was no need to hire mercenaries because the terror group has been defeated.
Abubakar also described the report as false and a product of mischief, adding that it will fail.
He said “The Defence Headquarters read with dismay the disturbing report on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 edition of a newspaper claiming that foreign mercenaries would be used to fight the Boko Haram sect. This story is not only mischievous and unfounded but also lacks merit and is far from the truth.
“The DHQ wishes to state, with emphasis, that the Nigerian Armed Forces have the capacity and capability to clear the remnants of the terrorists from our land and that is what the military has been doing. It is not necessary or logical to go for mercenaries after the battle against Boko Haram insurgents had been won.
“The pocket of attacks witnessed in the last few days by the fleeing Boko Haram terrorists is isolated, though regrettable. That does not call for serious concerns as it is not uncommon worldwide for such occurrence in any area that was once infested by terrorist groups.”
On Thursday, November 10, 2016, there were reports that some suspected Boko Haram terrorists had dropped a bomb near Shoprite Mall at Jabi.