More than a few A-listers have crossed the pond to celebrate their big day in castles dating back several centuries.
Last week, American singer Ciara and her American football beau tied the knot at the picturesque Peckforton Castle in Cheshire, England.
The intimate event had just over a hundred guests in attendance including celebrity friends Kelly Rowland, Lala Anthony and Jennifer Hudson.
The couple would however not be the first to have a destination wedding in an ancient European lodging.
Indeed, more than a few A-listers have crossed the pond to celebrate their big day in castles dating back several centuries.
Here are 5 A-list celebrities who got married in a European castle.
1. Stephanie Okereke & Linus Idahosa: Nollywood actress, Stephanie Okereke left us all in wide-eyed wonder when photos from her fairy-tale Paris wedding emerged. The stylish couple exchanged vows in 2012 at the Abbaye des Vaux de Cernay located in the Chevreuse valley in the Rambouillet state-owned forest, just outside Paris, France. Their wedding undoubtedly goes down as one of the best Nigerian weddings of all times.
2. David and Victoria Beckham: Before destination weddings became a thing, power couple David and Victoria Bechkam set the pace with their lavish wedding at Luttrellstown Castle in Ireland. The wedding had 236 guests in attendance.
3. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Hollywood's IT couple exchanged vows after many years spent as partners at the Chateau Miravel, a 17th-century estate in the ancient village of Correns, France.
4. George Clooney and Amal Clooney: When Hollywood's most notorious bachelor finally agreed to sign the dotted lines, ofcourse it had to be a destination wedding. Not quite a castle but a historic hotel, George and Amal were married at Venice's iconic Canal Grande which is an Italian 16th century palazzo built on water.
5. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Unarguably one of the most high profile unions in Hollywood history, Tom and Katie's high-octane wedding held at the Odescalchi Castle situated in Bracciano in Italy. Fellow A-listers Will Smith & Jada Pinkett as well as John Travolta and wife, Kelly Preston were in attendance. The couple however split about 2 years later.