The Orange color may be its best-known color, but they also come in other colors such as; purple, yellow, red, and white.
10 Interesting facts about Carrot
Carrots are root vegetables that were first grown in Afghanistan around 900 AD.
Carrots taste slightly different depending on the color, size, and where it's grown. I will be taking you through the facts of this popular and versatile veggie. Let’s begin;
- The early produced carrots were black, white, red, purple or yellow.
- Water makes up 87% of a carrot
- Carrots were domesticated in the ancient empires over 5000 years ago.
- A single carrot contains enough energy for you to endure a one-mile walk.
- Excess consumption of carrots can cause “carotenemia.” It’s a condition when your skin becomes yellowish!
- Wild rabbits don’t eat wild carrots
- List of Carrot sizes; short carrots are less than 10 cm in size, medium carrots are between 10 and 12 cm, semi-long carrots are from 13 to 20 cm, long carrots are longer than 20 and 25 cm.
- Holtville, California has an annual carrot festival, that’s why it’s mostly called “The Carrot Capital of the World.
- Some people experience ‘Mouth Itch’ when they eat carrots which is called an oral allergy syndrome.
- Carrots can help in controlling diabetes by keeping blood sugar levels in control.
Carrot is a tasty and popular veggie that should be added to your Food menu to enjoy the amazing benefits. Carrots are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant compounds. They can help support immune function, reduce the risk of some cancers and promote wound healing and digestive health.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: