10 things you should know about Nollywood actor
A list of 10 things you may not know about one of Nollywood's most loved comic actors, Ime Bishop Umoh.
Pulse Movies has put together 10 things you may not know about the comic actor.
1. Ime Bishop Umoh is a native of Nsit-Ibom Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, in the southern part of Nigeria.
2. He graduated from the University of Uyo where he studied Philosophy.
3. The 2008 Emem Isong movie, Uyai," brought the actor to the limelight. But it was his role as the hilarious character Okon in movies such as "Okon Goes to Lagos" and "Okon Goes to School" that turned him into a household comic actor.
4. According to the actor, who doesn't drink or smoke, alcohol is huge turn off for him.
"I am naturally high. Do I look like someone who is normal? I am not normal," he told ThisDay Live during an interview.
5. The actor met his wife Idara at a wedding where he was the master of ceremony and she was one of the bridesmaids.
She was in a relationship when he asked her out, but he had persisted. They eventually got married on October 17, 2013, in Uyo.
6. In 2014, the actor and his wife welcomed their first child together; a beautiful daughter named Wauneta, Imeabasi Umoh.
7. The actor and his wife welcomed his second child in November 2017 and held her church dedication on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
8. In 2017, Ime Umoh won the Best Actor in comedy at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for his role in the movie "The Boss is Mine."
9. In 2016, he was appointed as a special assistant to the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, on Ethical and Social Reorientation.
10. The hilarious actor has featured in movies such as "Silent Scandals," "Ayamma," "Bursting Out," "Jump and Pass" and "The Boss is Mine."
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: