This sweet tea has a lower carbohydrate and calorie content, if you can not find tea bags labeled “iced tea” at your grocery store, use any type of black tea bag just a shady front porch and a glass of this iconic beverage is the perfect combination for a warm afternoon. If you like your tea super-sweet, use 1 1/2 cups of sugar. If your preference isn’t as sweet, only add 1 cup.
Sweet tea in southern style
This sweet tea has a lower carbohydrate and calorie content
- Cups (2 quarts) cold water
- Tea bags iced tea
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Lemon slices, if desired
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
- Heat 4 cups of the water to boiling. In large heatproof bowl, place tea bags; pour boiling water over tea bags. Cover with foil; let steep 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Add sugar to tea; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into large heatproof pitcher. Stir in remaining 4 cups cold water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve tea well chilled over ice, garnished with lemon and/or mint.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: