This easy food hack will teach you how to prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice from leftover stew.
1 or 2 cups of rice (depending on amount of stew)
Diced Carrots (optional)
Green Peas (optional)
Salt (to taste)
2 stock cubes
1. Wash and par-boil the rice with adequate water. Set aside when done.
2. Warm up the stew in a clean, dry pot.
3. Add drained par-boiled rice, salt/seasoning cubes and pepper to taste. Stir well to mix the stew with the rice.
4. Add warm water (stock if available) to the mixture till it is the same level of the rice.
5. Cover the pot and leave to cook on low to medium heat.
6. Just before the water dries up, add your diced carrots and green peas and left to steam for a while.
7. Stir gently and cover to cook through.
Your Nigerian Jollof is ready! Serve with fried plantain, moin moin, chicken and a cold drink.