The flavor is very ‘homely’ and there is just this sweetness so deep that comes with a pot of well-cooked Coconut rice. Here’s a recipe…
Coconut Rice [Recipe]
There is no contending Coconut Rice is super-yummy and always a delight!...
Servings: 3-4 plates
4 cups rice
2 large fresh tomatoes
1 large onion
1 tin tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Parboil rice (except you really do not want to).
2. While that is happening, shell and grate the coconut finely or beat in a mortar
3. Pour the grated coconut in a small amount of water, squeeze out all the juice possible and strain. Put coconut juice in a saucepan.
4. Wash and cut meat into chewable chunks; season with salt and pepper and then add to the coconut water. Bring to the boil and simmer until meat is partly tender.
5. Chop your onion, slice or grind tomatoes and pepper. Add to meat. Add tomato paste and continue simmering.
6. When moderately cooked, pour in your rice. See that there is just enough water to cook the rice. If there is not enough add some more, but it shouldn’t be too much.
7. Add more seasoning if necessary. Add the margarine. Stir occasionally. When rice is almost soft, cover saucepan with cloth and then with the lid to keep in the steam.
Tip: You could serve with boiled cabbage, okras, garden eggs or any other vegetable.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: