This product is used by many in skin, hair & personal care, oral hygiene and even for cooking and is made using a few easy steps.
Learn how to extract coconut oil at home
Coconut oil has always been known for it's versatility when it comes to health and natural beauty.
The benefits of coconut oil in natural hair care and skin care routine can not be downplayed.
The oil contains natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial benefits and highly moisturizing properties among other benefits.
Although coconut oil is accessible to many, some may find it more difficult than others to get their hands on it, which is where this DIY tip comes in.
Save up some bocks and make it available for your use, anttime, anywhere using the following steps.
- Brown Coconuts (how many depends on the quantity of oil you want to make)
- Cutlass or cleaver knife
- Sturdy kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Filter paper or cheesecloth
1. Break open the coconuts with cutlass or cleaver knife (be careful!)
2. After the coconuts have been broken, cut out the fleshy white part into bowl with sharp knife (or a sturdy spoon).
3. Grate the fleshy pieces ( watch video for this method). If using a blender, chop cut pieces into smaller bits, put in the blender and blend.
4. Add in a little water to ensure that coconut blends more smoothly.
5. Place filter paper or sieve cloth over jar.
6. Pour blended mixture onto filter paper or cheese cloth, a little at a time so the fluid goes into the jar and the flesh is filtered out. With a cheese cloth you can squeeze out more from the meat.
7. After all of the liquid has been sieved into the jar, close and leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. This process allows for the oil to split from the liquid.
8. When the waiting time is up, scoop out the whitish curd which will have formed during sitting period to reveal the coconut oil.
9. Store your coconut oil in refrigerator for personal and home use.
This coconut oil DIY method is the Cold Press Method as it is made with no heat.
This allows the oil to retain more of its natural health benefits, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: