10 things we remember about 2003 Nollywood movie [Video]
Do you remember "Private Sin," a 2003 Nollywood movie which featured RMD, Genevieve Nnaji and Stephanie Linus?
Here are 10 things we remember about the star-studded drama:
1. Pastor Jake is married to Sister Faith. To the church members, she is the perfect chorister and pastor's wife, but to her husband and in-laws, she is a cruel wife and daughter-in-law.
2. Jake's father is the CEO of an oil company. During one of his visits to the US, he met and married a much younger girl, Eve, who had just lost her family to a fire accident.
Jake doesn't approve of their marriage as he thinks Eve is only after his father's money, so he is reluctant to visit and meet his new step mom.
3. Faith and Jake have been married for three years without a child. Faith's mum advises her to get pregnant for a man who bears some resemblance to her husband, as they can't afford to lose a wealthy man like Jacob.
4. After one of their fights, during which Jake finds out that his wife is a drunk, he drives off to clear his mind. He meets and shares a kiss with a strange woman, who unknown to him, is his father's younger wife, Eve.
5. Jake and Eve eventually start a secret affair. And when Faith finds out about it, she taunts him about it and threatens to report him to his congregation.
6. After Eve gets pregnant, she decides to tell her husband about her secret affair. Unfortunately, before she could tell him who the father of her unborn child is, he passed away from high blood pressure.
7. Jake's wife, on her way to a native doctor for jazz to hold Jake down, was involved in an accident. Before her death, she confessed to having an abortion back in her younger days and being the reason why they couldn't have a child.
8. Jake eventually confessed to his congregation, apologized and asked for time to make peace with God.
9. After Jake's father passed away, a recorded video of his will was played, and Jake found out that his father had actually married Eve for him, thus the reason why he never had sex with her and tried to throw them together at any given opportunity.
10. Directed by LancelotImasuen, Produced by Emem Isong and Rob Emeka Eze, "Private Sin" stars Richard Mofe-Damijo, Genevieve Nnaji, Olu Jacobs, Stephanie Linus, Patience Ozokwor and Emma Anyalogu.
What do you remember about the movie?
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: