Will your love for a man or woman be affected by their level or lack of education?
After asking both young ladies and gentlemen who read Pulse to list their personal requirements in the person they'd love to marry, we take it a notch higher by asking to see if someone's education or lack of it would influence their choice to settle down?
As expected, the responses, gotten via Pulse Nigeria's relationships page on Instagram, were numerous and really varied but we have selected 10 interesting views on the matter.
Join the conversation by voting in the poll after the 10 opinions expressed by young Nigerians below:
1. I'm tired of teaching people how to spell abeg! And that's not even the worst o.
You also get to deal with their insecurities and inferiority complex. [So, no, I don’t think I want to do that] – Beracah.
2. Yes, if he's loaded and he's good in bed – Ifedayo.
3. I'll rather remain single as I am till death takes me away!
No matter how beautiful a lady may be, if she is not smarter than me academically or when it comes to practical wisdom and commonsense — I never connect with her emotionally – Ivanov Petrov.
4. I'm educated actually but education can't be merged with natural wisdom. So yes and yes again – Evol_Divon.
5. Educated wife can be good at her work but not necessarily be a perfect wife. Uneducated wife can be a good home maker but again not necessarily a perfect wife.
The woman should be intellectual and practical with whom you can share your ideas, problems and confusions. She should be able to assist you, guide you, help you when you need her.
So instead of looking for degrees or homemakers, look for someone who can be the perfect filler in your life. The one which suits you the most - Mr Jingoism.
6. It will be hard, our thoughts will be different – Sophia.
7. Formal or informal, Education is not school. Education is applied Skill, what you know... This means you can still go to school and be uneducated.
My Girl could be educated in making fantastic chicken wings, I’m so marrying you because we could open a restaurant. – Gadget Edge
8. Education is key but not a be all, end all thing. Someone could have good reasoning ability, be very expressive and constructive and might not have gone through the walls of any higher learning institute…
Someone could also have had an education, have a certificate to show for it and still be as stark an illiterate as the word itself... in that case, I’ll go for the former. – Aigbe63
9. Yes, because even 95% of the educated ones still need someone to borrow them brain - Afoma.
10. Education is different from being Literate. People are educated in various spheres of life aside the western education.
People are educated in the art of having sense, making money and being good people! If you make me happy, King, I'm happy to have you. Simple. - Miss Sleeq.