Over time, the introduction of newer models of appliances has brought about less electricity consumption. You can save energy on your appliances by using it more effectively.
Energy saving tips for homes
Over time, the introduction of newer models of appliances has brought about less electricity consumption.
Here are some few tips on how you can further use your appliances effectively to save energy;
1. Place your appliances out of direct sunlight and away from the stove and other heat-producing appliances.
2. If you buy a new home appliance, unplug your old one and disuse it.There is no energy efficiency in continuing to using the former.
3. For dishwashers, always run with a full load. Most of the energy used by a dishwasher is spent heating water, and since you can't decrease the amount of water used per cycle, filling your machine is more effective than running half-loads.
4. Also for washing machines, it is more efficient when operated with full loads.
5. Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use.
6. Use energy saving bulbs. They may cost more but they go a long way in conserving energy.
7. Buy appliances with the “energy star” ratings on them. These types of appliances automatically have energy saving features suitable for energy efficiency.
We would love to read your opinions in the comments section below.
This is a feature by
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: