Here are 5 ways USSD codes have made our lives easier.
5 ways USSD codes have made life easier
Young people reading might not believe this but there was a time when you actually had to leave your house to do stuff like bank transfers or settle utility bills. It wasn’t that long ago too. Ten years ago, you had to fight your way through long lines in front of the PHCN office, bank, DStv office, etc. But that all changed when USSD tech came into the mix.
1) You can now buy airtime from the comfort of your home without having to deal with that annoying, thieving vendor who always adds 20% to the prices.
2) You can now buy credit for other people. Like that babe you’ve been trying to impress.
3) Paying your DStv bill without having to interact without having to go to their office and deal with all the paperwork.
4) Transferring money to someone without having to wait in biblically long lines in the banking hall.
5) Check your account balance as frequently as you want when you’re expecting money.
Because constantly having to go into the banking halls to ask a customer care person signals to the person that you’re desperately expecting said money because you’re broke. And you don’t want people to know that.
USSD banking was created so that banking transactions would no longer be stressful or dependent on time and location. This is what First City Monument Bank (FCMB) wanted for its customers when it launched its own USSD service. All any account holder with FCMB needs to do is dial *329#to register (on any phone type) and they’re all set to bank on the go!
This is a featured post
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: