Port Harcourt, once known as the Garden City has made international headlines, unfortunately however it is not for it's aesthetic appeal.
Port Harcourt International Airport named worst airport in the world
Port Harcourt International Airport was given the unfortunate title by travel website, The Guide to Sleeping in Airports.
Rather, Port Harcourt's International Airport has emerged the worst in the world sharing the infamous list with other airports like King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and Beauvais-Tille International Airport, Paris.
The results were gotten after conducting a survey which attracted 26,297 qualifying responses.
Readers were asked to judge facilities in four categories: comfort, conveniences, cleanliness and customer service.
Respondents reportedly complained about unpleasant and unhelpful staff, alleged corruption, a severe lack of seating, broken air-conditioning and the fact that the arrivals hall was inside a tent.
Meanwhile, check out the other airports that landed on the top 10 worst airports list below:
1. Port Harcourt International Airport (Nigeria)
2. King Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
3. Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu, Nepal)
4. Tashkent International Airport (Uzbekistan)
5. Simon Bolivar International Airport (Caracas, Venezuela)
6. Toussaint Louverture International Airport (Port au Prince, Haiti)
7. Hamid Karzai International Airport (Kabul, Afghanistan)
8. Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
9. Benazir Bhutto International Airport (Islamabad, Pakistan)
10. Beauvais-Tille International Airport (Paris)
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: