3 John 1: 2 says: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” (KJV)
5 simple rules to live by
Learn five ways to ensure the prosperity and nourishment of your soul.
John, the Apostle, through this Bible verse, stresses the importance of the prosperity in health, as well as the soul.
ALSO READ: God wants your soul to prosper too
This begs the question - 'how does one's soul prosper?'
Your soul prospers through proper nourishment, which can be done in the following ways:
1. Free your heart of hatred, anger, grudges, and other forms of negative emotions. All of these hinder your healing and blessings.
2. Get rid of sinful thoughts by guarding your mind. Also, cleanse your mind of anything that distracts you from God. Romans 8:6 - "The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." (NIV)
3. Feed your mind/heart (soul) with the Word of God. Joshua 1:8 - "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (NIV)
4. Practise humility and thanksgiving. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." (NIV)
ALSO READ: 10 Bible verses on Thanksgiving
5. Surround yourself with like-minded people.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: