ADVERTISEMENT

Mubi suicide bomb: We’ve identified our mistakes -Emir

The Emir, who disclosed this on Sunday when he received the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai in his Palace, said steps had been taken to plug the loopholes.

More than 20 people died in the incident, while over 50 others sustained injuries in the twin bomb blasts at different locations in Mubi on May 1.

The traditional ruler described the incident as unfortunate and assured that it would not happen again.

He said: “After the unfortunate suicide bomb blast, immediately I summon all my council chiefs and the local government chairman.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I assure you things will change as we have already identified the loopholes and we shall address them.”

Earlier, Buratai noted that security situation had improved in the town compared to three years ago, even though there were still pockets of suicide attacks.

He said: “This is the time we should reflect on what went wrong and ensure it does not happen again.”

He urged the residents to be vigilant and work closely with security agencies.

The army chief said: “The situation requires vigilance. Suicide bombers disguise in different ways. People can identify them by the abnormal way they dress.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Therefore, people should be vigilant. Because of improvement in security situation people have relaxed, but it is now they should reflect on their past mistakes.

“There should be continued relationship with security agencies and provision of necessary information.”

He assured that security agencies would continue to ensure that suicide bombers do not have access to the community, but added that when they do, they would be apprehended before they cause havoc.

He also stressed that synergy between the military and traditional institution was vital in ensuring adequate security in the community.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.
ADVERTISEMENT

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Why our plane made emergency landing at Lagos airport, Air Peace clarifies

Why our plane made emergency landing at Lagos airport, Air Peace clarifies

Over 75% of Katsina children are multidimensionally poor – UNICEF

Over 75% of Katsina children are multidimensionally poor – UNICEF

PDP unveils 200-member campaign council for Ighodalo's guber election in Edo

PDP unveils 200-member campaign council for Ighodalo's guber election in Edo

Tinubu approves resumption of repair work on Third Mainland Bridge

Tinubu approves resumption of repair work on Third Mainland Bridge

Ondo Poll: Ganduje consoles Jimoh Ibrahim after crushing defeat in APC primary

Ondo Poll: Ganduje consoles Jimoh Ibrahim after crushing defeat in APC primary

FG to review recent price hike of DStv, GOtv packages amid public outcry

FG to review recent price hike of DStv, GOtv packages amid public outcry

BREAKING: FG grants Air Peace right to commence Abuja-London flights - Keyamo

BREAKING: FG grants Air Peace right to commence Abuja-London flights - Keyamo

Deputy who dumped Akeredolu clinches PDP governorship ticket

Deputy who dumped Akeredolu clinches PDP governorship ticket

Gov inaugurates 2nd phase of palliative distribution to poor Enugu residents

Gov inaugurates 2nd phase of palliative distribution to poor Enugu residents

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT