Borno records 2nd coronavirus death
The Borno Government on Wednesday announced a second death from Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
“The deceased is from Biu town of and already his contacts have been traced.
“One of his contacts is a trader in Biu market. Following this development, the state government has ordered the closure of market for immediate fumigation.
“As of today, 144 contacts had been traced, 55 were tested and nine people tested positive including the two who died,” he said.
He urged the public to maintain hygiene and other precautionary measures advised by experts.
NAN reports that the first case was a retired anaesthetic nurse, who died at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital on Saturday.
NAN reports that following the confirmation of the COVID-19 index case in Borno, Gov. Babagana Zulum ordered a two-week total lockdown as from Wednesday.
Zulum, who made the declaration in a broadcast in Maiduguri on Monday, however, said the restriction would not apply to the providers of essential services.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: