'We'll march to Aso Rock next week,' says #BringBackOurGirls group
The #BBOG action follows the proof of life video of the girls, which was released by Boko Haram last week.
The group's action follows the proof of life video of the girls, which was released by Boko Haram last week.
The BBOG led by a former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, indicated that the protests will also focus on issues regarding the humanitarian crisis in the North East, corruption in the disbursement of relief materials to IDPs, and the arms deal saga.
This was disclosed in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday, August 18, jointly signed Ezekwesili and another leader of the group, Aisha Yesufu.
It explained the “decision to embark on a series of activities to compel decisive action from our government and the global community.”
The statement said: “Activities will commence on Monday, 22nd August 2016. They will include several marches to the Presidency, media interactions, and engagements with critical stakeholders such as Governments, International Organizations, Statesmen and Influencers.
“Critical areas to be covered during this period of engagement are our #ChibokGirls, the humanitarian crisis in the North East, corruption in the disbursement of relief materials to IDPs, and the arms deal saga.
“We call on all citizens, within Nigeria and across the world, to join us on these engagements”.
The former minister had accused the Buhari administration of being lackadaisical about the rescue of the kidnapped girls, saying since the previous proof of life video, which was obtained by CNN months back, the government had failed to take any action towards freeing the girls.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: