It is true that the majority of people would want to receive money from overseas via one of the better and fastest ways so far, which is Paypal.
But it is also true that a good number of people still prefer sticking with wire transfer.
And, it is because of these ones that we've decided to give out this very useful piece of information on how to receive money from abroad via wire transfer into your domiciliary account, without unnecessary palaver.
However, for the purpose of awareness, it becomes important to state here that there are numerous banks in Nigeria that operate the domiciliary account. Among the banks are Gtbank, Diamond Bank, First Bank, Zenith Bank, UBA etc.
In other to receive money in Nigeria through international bank wire transfer into DOM account, you need to have or open a domiciliary account in Nigeria. You can open a domiciliary with any of the above banks.
As soon as you open a domiciliary account, your sender can send the money direct into your domiciliary account. All that is now required of you is to ensure that you send your correct bank account details to your sender.
How can I receive money from Abroad via wire transfer into my domiciliary account?
Give your details in accordance with the example below;
Country - Nigeria
Bank name- Gtbank
Address- 102, Bisola Yayadu street. Ikoyi
Beneficiary name- Your Name
Bank identifier/SWIFT CODE- GTBINGLA
Account number- Your DOM Account Number
IBAN- GB67 CITI 1850 0805 5116 15
Certainly, you will always receive a deposit alert within 72 hours once the transfer is successful done.
How to withdraw money from a domiciliary account in Nigeria?
There is no difference between the process of withdrawing money from your domiciliary account and the way you withdraw money from your savings or current account.
It is the same. The only difference there is lies in the foreign currency in which you’re being paid with.
Tips on how to receive money in Nigeria from abroad via Quickteller using Western Union
How to receive money in Nigeria via Quickteller through western Union to your bank account
• Register or create an account on Quickteller.com
• "Log on to Quickteller.com"
• Click the on the Send and Receive Money tile
• Click the Western Union tile
• Select your bank, either GTBank, StanbicIBTC or Wema bank
• Under "Choose currency" select "Naira"
• Click "Receive money now" and the Western Union – Receive Money data page opens
• Now carefully enter the following details:
• The MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) as provided by the sender
• Sender's Country
• Receiving account number i.e. your bank account number where you wish to receive the funds
• Receiving account type i.e. either current or savings
• Expected Amount in Naira as provided by the sender
• Under Receiving Currency leave the name of the bank and Naira as default.
• First Name (Receiving Account) which is your account first name as it appears at your bank
• Surname (Receiving Account) which is your account surname as it appears at your bank
• Mobile Number – your mobile number
• Answer to test question as provided by the sender
• Click "Continue"
• Confirm the details provided
ALSO READ: Nigeria to sell N213B treasury bills