Air travel can be challenging, what with all the tedious boarding processes and hours spent cooped up in a confined space.
6 useful tips to follow if you're travelling with a baby
These tips will have you flying with a baby in tow like a pro.
But this can be even more trying when one is travelling with an infant in tow.
As we already know, babies are no respecter of time, person or situation, and if they feel any kind of discomfort they will state this expressly with a loud, piercing cry, something that never goes down well with passengers on an airplane.
So, how does one minimise the challenges of travelling by air with an infant? Check out these useful tips below.
1. Choose the right airline: Some airlines like Etihad are very baby/child friendly and offer a range of things like games for children, and for babies - sky cots, bassinets, baby meal, baby luggage allowance and even sky nannies. So be sure to take advantage.
2. Bulkseats are your friend: Bulkseats offer more space where you can place things like bassinets, and where children can crawl around. Also, window seats offer more privacy for breastfeeding.
3. Let your baby's routine influence your flight time: If you're flying across time zones, it helps to select a flight schedule that fits with your baby's routine to cushion the effects of jet-lag.
4. Pack all the essentials: This goes without saying, diapers, baby food, extra clothes, wet wipes, sling/baby carrier and toys are just some of the things that should be packed.
5. Get to the airport early: Just because the check-in/boarding process will probably take more time with a baby in tow - think going through airport security and having to empty the entire contents of your baby's bag into a tray, yeah exactly.
6. Have them sucking on something for take off and landing: Whether your baby is on breast milk, or baby formula, have them sucking on something for take off and landing because it helps with the ear popping sensation.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: