5 landmarks everyone should visit in their lifetime (2)
With so many interesting things to see and places to visit in the world, how does one decide where to go first?
This is one of the questions many a travel lover often find themselves struggling to answer.
Based on an aggregation of (quantity and quality)reviews on TripAdvisor, the website released a list of some of the world’s most impressive landmarks which represent human ingenuity.
Interestingly enough, a good number of the landmarks were structures belonging to religious institutions.
Check out the concluding part of 5 landmarks everyone should visit in their lifetime.
1. Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba, Spain: Cordoba has an interesting history in that for hundreds of years, it was occupied back and forth by various religious groups - Roman, Visigoth, Islamic, Jewish and Christian to name a few. For a period, it also went back and forth between the Catholic church and mosque, including a brief period when the two religions split the building.
2. Church of the Savior on Spilt Blood, Russia: This multi coloured cathedral sits on the execution site of Emperor Alexander II and was built in his memory from 1883 to 1907.
3. The Alhambra, Spain: The second Spanish attraction on the list also happens to be the most-visited monument in Spain. It is a medieval fortress and palace which looks out over the city through a maze of perfectly-manicured gardens, elaborate architecture and reflecting pools.
4. Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool , United States: This is one of the most iconic structures in the US and has important historical significance in the American Civil Rights Movement.
5. Milan Duomo, Italy: This is is the second largest cathedral in Italy (after the Vatican), and was built over a period of nearly 600 years - between 1386 through to 1965.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: