It's the Holy Month of Ramadan which sees millions of Muslims around the world embark on a month-long fast lasting till sun set each day.
5 delicious smoothies you can use to break fast this season
While fruits are a great option to break fast with, smoothies make an even better choice because they're more easily digestible, and can combine a mix of fruits for a truly healthy drink.
When the time to break fast comes, it's not uncommon for a lot of people to use fruits to do this because they're light and the perfect way to rejuvenate the body after hours of going without any food.
But while fruits are a great option to break fast with, smoothies make an even better choice because they're more easily digestible, and can combine a mix of fruits for a truly healthy drink.
That said, here are 5 delicious smoothies you can use to break your fast if you're a Muslim fasting this Ramadan.
1. Mango Lassi: With the rainy season upon us, mangoes are at their juiciest which makes the mango lassi, a mix of mangoes, yogurt and sugar an ideal option to break your fast with. Check out the mango lassi recipehere.
2. Banana blast: Bananas have a sufficient amount of sugar which in turn provide energy, an ideal option after a day of fasting. Get the banana blast recipe here.
3. Avocado smoothie: Avocados, asides being great detoxifies, have nutrients that are good for the skin. Avocados are also very tasty and can be eaten as part of a salad, or eaten with bread. Check out how to make the avocado smoothie here.
4. Cranberry smoothie: Nourish your system with the cranberry smoothie, a mix of almond milk, mixed berries, and cranberry juice in the absence of fresh cranberries. Get the cranberry smoothie recipe here.
5. Granana smoothie: With a mix of milk, apples and banana, there's no better way to break a fast. Get the recipe here.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: