Nigerians abroad are using Twitter to share the first/ most jarring moments of culture shock they’ve experienced while settling into new places all around the world. And yes, it’s just as interesting as one would expect of a thread like that.
We’ve rounded up 10 interesting and fascinating stories from that conversation initiated by user, Olabinjo [@binjoadeniran]
1. This one, OAU lecturers will have to unlook. LOL
2. Idumota women left this chat
3. Lmao. Nigerian employers, come and see your mates o
4. A Nigerian living in Lagos may have died from all the possible 'shocks' in this single tweet
5. This brings that Prof Wole Soyinka airplane story to mind
6. Lmao. Imagine a Yoruba mummy in this situation...
7. Oh, snap!
8. Somebody said abroad weather shocked doctrine out of this Deeper Life sister
9. I can’t even blame this guy. I for do same
10. When you go from Naija to a place where they don’t honk like hoodlums