Nigerians abroad are using Twitter to share the first/ most jarring moments of culture shock they’ve experienced while settling into new places all around the world. And yes, it’s just as interesting as one would expect of a thread like that.
Culture Shock: 10 hilarious stories from Nigerians abroad
Imagine someone not thanking you today for what you did yesterday. The audacity!
We’ve rounded up 10 interesting and fascinating stories from that conversation initiated by user, Olabinjo [@binjoadeniran]
1. This one, OAU lecturers will have to unlook. LOL
2. Idumota women left this chat
3. Lmao. Nigerian employers, come and see your mates o
4. A Nigerian living in Lagos may have died from all the possible 'shocks' in this single tweet
5. This brings that Prof Wole Soyinka airplane story to mind
6. Lmao. Imagine a Yoruba mummy in this situation...
7. Oh, snap!
8. Somebody said abroad weather shocked doctrine out of this Deeper Life sister
9. I can’t even blame this guy. I for do same
10. When you go from Naija to a place where they don’t honk like hoodlums
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: