The Music Meets Runway Foundation was established in 2011 to support and empower emerging talent across the Arts, at critical stages in their creative lives. The mission is to use music and fashion to educate, motivate, inspire and change lives by providing assistance to the youth. By either supporting their growing business or by bringing Arts & Crafts into their educational system, thereby creating jobs, we are able to leverage our love for fashion and music to provide opportunities for philanthropic growth says Jennifer Olize, Founder of the Music Meets Runway Foundation.
The Search For The 2014 Music Meets Runway Rising Icon
Do you believe your designs can impress the world? Here's your chance to prove it.
Last year, the MMR Foundation through the help of sponsor; Sovereign Trust Insurance, was able to reaffirm its commitment to empowering emerging talents by awarding a 3 Million Naira grant to Olakunbi Oyelese, creative director of Nigerian fashion label; April by Kunbi at MMR 2013. This year, the MMR Foundation continues on the journey to find and showcase the best of African Fashion as we embark on a rigorous search for one designer who will join the ranks of Kunbi Oyelese as MMR Rising Icons.
If you believe you have what it takes to showcase your designs at MMR 2014, alongside some of the best fashion designers in Africa, please follow the instructions below for a chance to be shortlisted for :
- Send your
- Attach a current look book with at least 5 different images
- Attach a mini biography of your brand.
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter & Like our Facebook page
- The deadline for all applications is
Here’s what you stand a chance to win:
- Cash prize to help launch your career in fashion.
- An extensive mentorship program ( To be announced)
- A feature in the MMR Magazine.
- Showcase a full collection at Music Meets Runway 2015.
- The winner will automatically become a Brand Ambassador.
What are you waiting for? Register now! For more information on Music Meets Runway: www.musicmeetsrunway.com
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: