Award winning filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan took to his official facebook page to share his thoughts on 'being a celebrity in Nigeria' and the price to pay for fame.
8 Rules of Being a Celebrity in Naija - Kunle Afolayan
"You must be ready to receive insults on social media platforms" - Kunle Afolayan
According to the 'Figurine' producer, the below is the story of his life. Read below.
Being a celebrity in Naija!! Rules of Engagement.
1. You must be a mobile atm at all times. Very applicable to the following (Police, customs and immigration officers) at check points, airports and borders as well as area boys.*Fly* *run*
2. You must never have personal problems only solve people's problems. including buying breakfast for strange figures ' boys must chop'
3. You must never have moods. It's forbidden you are not human remember? =-s *SUSPICIOUS**Brrrr*
4.You must never have an opinion. its not permitted. Else you incur the people's wrath.=-( =-d
5. You must be ready to receive insults on social media platforms especially from annoying anonymous persons.>=-o ~=-) and also be ready to be impersonated on Facebook with as many pages. Miscreants ripping innocent people off in your name.
6. You must never have a life.
7. You must be ready to over look and endure everything even if it's to your detriment.=-/ After all you are a'Celeb'=-s
8. Be ready to pay your fans for seeing your movies or listening to your music. You are everyone's fan! Ever been told 'you are my biggest fans oo I dey watch your film oo make you settle. hmmnn if I'm your fan I wonder what you are to me?=-o =]y
Well just follow these eight simple guidelines and you can never go wrong. Remember that's the Price for fame.\=d/
NOW THATS THE STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: